Hello! My name is Collin and I am one of the experience leaders for this ASB Pine Ridge, SD trip.I am a psychology and family science double major. In addition to Alternative Breaks, I am also involved with Help Center, the peer-counseling hotline on UMD's campus and the christian group OneU on campus. I am also a Paratransit Specialist for Shuttle-UM.
I am very interested in adoption and parenting dynamics. I'm also interested in relieving poverty and understanding a lot of social issues which directly and indirectly affect families. In the future, I hope to get a Masters in Social Work and further become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to work with a variety of groups related to the topics I mentioned.
In the past, I have been to two Native American reservations but I have never been with Alternative Breaks and I have never gone to Pine Ridge, South Dakota specifically. I am excited for the chance to learn from them and hear their personal stories. Last year I was a participant for the Philadelphia, Urban Education trip and I am thankful for the opportunity to grow and be a leader for a trip this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment