Friday, February 20, 2015

Essence Joe, Participant


My name is Essence Joe and I recently transferred from Middlesex county college located in New Jersey to the University of Maryland. I plan on majoring in microbiology or ecology and eventually do graduate studies in epidemiology, which deals with the distribution and control of diseases. 
This is my first alternative break trip and I'm especially excited, because I will have the opportunity to explore the Native American culture beyond books and movies. I've always had an interest in their culture and the people, to the point where I spent two hours watching a movie about lacrosse, because Native Americans inspired it. It should be an exciting experience to walk in the shoes of the Lakota Native Americans for a week and I hope to gain a new insight about their people that I can share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment